- Fletcher NA, Krebs MD. Sustained Delivery of Anti-VEGF from Injectable Hydrogel Systems Provides Prolonged Decrease of Endothelial Cell Proliferation and Angiogenesis In Vitro. RSC Advances, 2018, 8, 8999. doi: 10.1039/c7ra13014g
- Harding JL, Osmond MJ, Krebs MD. Engineering Osteoinductive Biomaterials by Bioinspired Synthesis of Apatite Coatings on Collagen Hydrogels with Varied Pore Microarchitectures. Tissue Engineering Part A, Dec. 1, 2017, 23 (23-24). doi: 10.1089/ten.TEA.2017.0031
- Fletcher NA, Von Nieda EL, Krebs MD. Tailoring Mechanical Properties and Protein Release of Alginate-Chitosan Polyelectrolyte Complexes. Carbohydrate Polymers, November 1, 2017, 175, 765-772. doi: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2017.08.035
- Shaw N, Erickson C, Bryant S, Ferguson V, Krebs MD, Hadley-Miller N, Payne KA. Regenerative Medicine Approaches for the Treatment of Pediatric Physeal Injuries. Tissue Engineering Part B: Reviews. Sept. 28, 2017, doi: 10.1089/ten.TEB.2017.0274
- Erickson CB, Shaw N, Hadley-Miller N, Riederer MS, Krebs MD, Payne KA. A rat tibial growth plate injury model to characterize repair mechanisms and evaluate growth plate regeneration strategies. Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), July 4, 2017, 125. doi: 10.3791/55571
- Harding JL, Krebs MD. Bioinspired Deposition-Conversion Synthesis of Tunable Calcium Phosphate Coatings on Polymeric Hydrogels. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, June 1, 2017, 3(9), 2024-2032. doi: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.7b00280
- Osmond M, Bernier SM, Pantcheva MB, Krebs MD. Collagen and Collagen-Chondroitin Sulfate Scaffolds with Uniaxially Aligned Pores for the Biomimetic, Three Dimensional Culture of Trabecular Meshwork Cells. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, April 2017, 114(4), 915-923.
- Riederer MS, Requist BD, Payne KA, Way JD, Krebs MD. Injectable and microporous scaffold of densely-packed, growth factor-encapsulating chitosan microgels. Carbohydrate Polymers, November 2016, 152, 792-801.
- Di W, Czarny RS, Fletcher NA, Krebs MD, Clark HA. Comparative study of Poly(ε-caprolactone) and Poly(Lactic-co-Glycolic Acid)-Based Nanofiber Scaffolds for pH-sensing. Pharmaceutical Research, 2016, 33(10), 2433-44.
- Harding J, Krebs MD. Controlled and Tunable Biomimetic Apatite Mineralization of Synthetic Hydrogels. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 2016, 301(10), 1172-80.
- Sener G, Krebs MD. Zwitterionic cryogels for sustained release of proteins. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 29608-11.
- Fletcher NA, Babcock LR, Murray EA, Krebs MD. Controlled delivery of antibodies from injectable hydrogels. Materials Science and Engineering C, February 2016, 59, 801-6.
- Martin J, Riederer M, Krebs MD, Erb RM. Understanding and overcoming shear alignment of fibers during extrusion. Soft Matter, 2015, 11(2), 400-5.
- Nguyen K, Jeon O, Krebs MD, Alsberg E. Sustained localized presentation of RNA interfering molecules from in situ forming hydrogels to guide stem cell osteogenic differentiation. Biomaterials, Aug 2014, 35(24), 6278-86.
- Heylman CM, Santoso S, Krebs MD, Saidel GM, Alsberg E, Muschler GF. Modeling and Experimental Methods to Predict Oxygen Distribution in Bone Defects Following Cell Transplantation. Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, April 2014, 52(4), 321-30.
- Corn DJ, Kim Y, Krebs MD, Mounts T, Molter J, Gerson S, Alsberg E, Dennis JE, Lee Z. Imaging Early Stage Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 31(6), 871-9, June 2013.
- Lee Z, Dennis JE, Alsberg E, Krebs MD, Welter J, Caplan A. Imaging Stem Cell Differentiation for Cell-Based Tissue Repair. Methods in Enzymology, 506, 247-63, 2012.
- Jeong SI, Jeon O, Krebs MD, Hill MC, Alsberg E. Biodegradable photocrosslinked alginate nanofiber scaffolds with tunable physical properties, cell adhesivity, and growth factor release. eCells & Materials, 24, 331-43, 2012.
- Bonino CA, Efimenko K, Jeong SI, Krebs MD, Alsberg E, Khan SA. Three-Dimensional Electrospun Alginate Mats via Tailored Charge Repulsions. Small, 8(12), 1928-36, June 25, 2012.
- Jeon O, Powell C, Solorio L, Krebs MD, Alsberg E. Affinity-based growth factor delivery from biodegradable, photocrosslinked heparin-alginate hydrogels. Journal of Controlled Release, 154(3), 258-66, September 25, 2011.
- Jeon O, Krebs MD, Alsberg E. Controlled and sustained gene delivery from injectable, porous PLGA scaffolds. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, 98(1), 72-9, July 2011.
- Bonino CA, Krebs MD, Saquing CD, Jeong SI, Shearer KL, Alsberg E, Khan SA. Electrospinning alginate-based nanofibers: From blends to crosslinked low molecular weight alginate-only systems. Carbohydrate Polymers, 85(1), 111-119, April 22, 2011.
- Krebs MD, Alsberg E. Localized, Targeted and Sustained siRNA Delivery. Chemistry – A European Journal, 17, 3054-62, 2011.
- Jeong SI*, Krebs MD*, Bonino CA, Samorezov J, Khan SA, Alsberg E. Electrospun Chitosan-Alginate Nanofibers with In Situ Crosslinking for Use as Tissue Engineering Scaffolds. Tissue Engineering, 17(1-2), 59-70, January 2011.
- Jeong SI*, Krebs MD*, Bonino CA, Khan SA, Alsberg E. Electrospun alginate nanofibers with controlled cell adhesion for tissue engineering. Macromolecular Bioscience, 10(8), 934-43, August 11, 2010.
- Krebs MD, Salter E, Chen E, Sutter KA, Alsberg E. Calcium Phosphate – DNA Nanoparticle Gene Delivery from Alginate Hydrogels Induces in vivo Osteogenesis. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 92A(3), 1131-1138, March 1, 2010.
- Krebs MD*, Sutter KA*, Lin AS, Guldberg RE, Alsberg E. Injectable Poly(lactic-co-glycolic) Acid Scaffolds with In Situ Pore Formation for Tissue Engineering. Acta Biomaterialia, 5(8), 2847-59, October 2009.
- Erb RM, Krebs MD, Alsberg E, Samanta B, Rotello VM, Yellen BB. Beyond diffusion-limited chain aggregation in microparticle suspensions. Physical Review E, 80(5), 051402, 2009.
- Krebs MD, Jeon O, Alsberg E. Localized and Sustained Delivery of Silencing RNA from Macroscopic Biopolymer Hydrogels. JACS, 131(26), 9204-06, July 8, 2009.
- Krebs MD*, Erb RM*, Yellen BB, Samanta B, Rotello VM, Alsberg E. Formation of ordered cellular structures in suspension via label-free negative magnetophoresis. Nano Letters, 9(5), 1812-7, May 2009.
o Highlighted in Nature Nanotechnology, 4, 339, June 2009.
- Krebs MD, Kang JJ, Cohen SJ, Lozow JB, Tingley RD, Davis CE. Two-Dimensional Alignment of Differential Mobility Spectrometer Data. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 119(2), 475-482, December 7, 2006.
- Krebs MD*, Mansfield B*, Yip P, Cohen SJ, Sonenshein AL, Hitt BA, Davis CE. Novel Technology for Rapid Species-Specific Detection of Bacillus Spores. Biomolecular Engineering 23(2-3), 119-27, June 2006.
- Krebs MD*, Tingley RD*, Zeskind JE, Kang JJ, Holmboe ME, Davis CE. Alignment of Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry Data by Landmark Selection from Complex Chemical Mixtures. Chem Intell Lab Syst, 81(1), 74-81, March 2006.
- Krebs MD, Zapata AM, Nazarov EJ, Miller RA, Costa IS, Sonenshein AL, Davis CE. Detection of Biological and Chemical Agents using Differential Mobility Spectrometry (DMS) Technology. IEEE Sensors Journal, 5(4), 696-703, August 2005.
o Featured in Draper Technology Digest 2006
- Shnayderman M*, Mansfield B*, Clark HA, Krebs MD, Cohen SJ, Zeskind JE, Ryan ET, Dorkin HL, Callahan MV, Stair TO, Gelfand JA, Gill CJ, Hitt B, Davis CE. Species-Specific Bacteria Identification Using Differential Mobility Spectrometry and Bioinformatics Pattern Recognition. Anal Chem, 77(18), 5930-5937, August 12, 2005.
- Krebs MD*, Tingley RD*, Zeskind JE, Kang JJ, Holmboe ME, Davis CE. Autoregressive modeling of analytical sensor data can yield classifiers in the predictor coefficient parameter space. Bioinformatics, 21(8), 1325-31, April 15, 2005.
o Nominated for Draper’s 2004 Engineering Vice President’s Award for Best Paper
o Featured in Draper Technology Digest 2005